Rhoda Goldman Plaza
2180 Post Street, San Franciso, Fully Accessible
Thursday, February 6, 2020
6:00 – 8:00 PM
Doors open at 5:30pm
Dinner will be served
Increasingly more software products, apps, and technological devices are developed with older adults in mind. At the same time, more of our lives are digitally connected. Still, many products fail to meet the needs of older adults.
Join us for a discussion with Dan Gillette, educator, researcher and designer, to better understand the potential, hype and future of aging in a digital world. The evening will include a panel discussion of current themes and opportunities, followed by an open discussion with all participants.
Some topics that will be addressed:
- What is on the horizon for digital technology in the home, including automation, communications, and surveillance
- How assistive and consumer technology are merging, in everything from hearing aids to smart speakers
- How digital commerce platforms, such as Uber, Amazon, and Instacart, are changing how and where people age in place
- How the Internet has become a great benefit, but also a new tool for fraud, especially for older adults
- How robots and artificial intelligence are changing work and leisure for older adults
- How consumers can be more involved in the development of new digital technologies
We invite you to bring your own consumer experience to the table!
RSVP here or call (510) 771-0116.
Suggested Donation: $20.
Season subscribers use discount code. Scholarships available.