What began as a small grassroot organization committed to the experiences of later life has grown into an ever-expanding non-profit with a wide network across the Bay Area. Through interdisciplinary forums, workshops and partnerships with other organizations, AHWGO is changing the aging process, particularly in the context of the home.
AHWGO believes that everyone ought to have the freedom to age with dignity. That’s why our team of volunteers focuses on education, interconnectedness and integrated solutions that can revolutionize the way we talk about aging and the way we age. Our mission is to educate, inspire and connect people across generations and disciplines to re‑envision and improve the experiences of later life. Learn more about AHWGO at https://athomewithgrowingold.com/.
Job Description: We’re looking for a passionate and motivated person to join our interdisciplinary and intergenerational team of activists, experts, and volunteers. AHWGO is always growing and looking for ways to include diverse perspectives, ideas and opportunities for change in our society. If you’re a hard-working, detail-oriented person with ideas about how to change the world, we want your help!
The Executive Assistant/Project Manager will support the Executive Director and Board of Directors in all administrative matters and is responsible for special projects, as assigned.
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and many organization meetings and assist with event logistics (e.g. scheduling meetings, meeting preparation, developing meeting agendas, sending reminders, taking meeting notes, event coordination, and follow up with internal and external stakeholders.)
- In collaboration with the Communications & Marketing Manager and Executive Director, draft reports, presentations, and internal and external communications.
- Be the go-to for all technology matters including troubleshooting and identifying new applications to meet the task at hand.
- With the Communications & Marketing Manager, assist in the management of software applications and the organization’s website (e.g. Classy, Constant Contact, WordPress).
- On behalf of and with the Executive Director and President of the Board of Directors, develop and maintain relationships with external partners, sponsors, and foundations, as assigned
- Support the Board of Directors on all matters concerning their participation in the organization, including preparation for quarterly Board meetings, standing committees, and special projects.
- Support the Executive Director and Board of Directors to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Maintain all electronic records in the organization’s Google Drive.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior administrative &/or executive assistant role.
- Experience working with nonprofit boards.
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- Skilled in WordPress, Constant Contact, SoundCloud, Zoom, and social media.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and proven ability to handle competing priorities, think critically, and be motivated.
- Experience in grant proposal writing with contacts in granting foundations a plus.
- An interest in changing the world for the better, particularly with regard to aging populations.
We actively encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
- 12 hours a week, flexible schedule, hybrid (remote & in-person). Required work times: occasional early weekday evenings remote; quarterly early evening BOD meetings (for now, hybrid or remote), and one in-person annual event in the SF Bay Area on a Saturday.
- Must be available Monday through Friday during business hours for troubleshooting and responding to emails.
- Must provide your own computer
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Contract position, 1099 will be issued
Please send a cover letter and resume as one document to email@example.com.